Monday, May 9, 2011

High as a cloud, As ghostly as the wind

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a cure for nostalgia? Something to magically cease to miss things you no longer have. I think that would be nice. Or would it be simpler if there were no need or emotion for missing someone or something. Yeah, I like that idea too.

When it comes to matters of the heart I guess all we can do is man up and embrace every emotion like the bullet that it is and hope we survive.

I find forgetting about someone a simple task for me to do. I do it rapidly and I do it well. But then there is a period of time where I have forgotten completely about that person and when a sudden impeccable reminder pops up, I remember everything. Every emotion that I had and tossed away restores itself within me. It's quite horrible.
In this case, I miss someone that I never even had. It's highly unpleasant, yes. But I cannot bring myself to let it go. These emotions: nostalgia, loneliness, love, hope... they are all tenaciously pulsing through me making it an impossible task for me to even want to forget anything.
It's funny how I find myself in this situation due to the fact that it is one that is of extreme creepiness. But I can't help it. I don't care.

I want to feel these emotions. I don't want to bottle them up. I want to savor them. God only knows why, but I do.
It's like an intense case of phantom limb, expect there was never a limb to begin with. Sad, I know.
I almost feel guilty in indulging in these emotions. They make me feel like a squeamish school girl. No. They make me feel like a fat kid who has a secret stash of goodies. Yes. That's the right metaphor.

I know that in the end, when my high hopes come crashing down that it might hurt just a little. But I can handle it.
I don't are if these feelings are completely fatuous. I don't.

I know that we aren't meant to be, but that doesn't mean that we are perfect for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment