Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year. New Again?

Photobucket
The new year is always an inspirational time. Because the year changing yet again, gives us a sense of hope that we can change as well.
We make these New Year's Resolutions, but how often do we pull through?
December 31st is just like a Sunday. Because generally speaking, people striving for a change (which is usually weight related) say "I'll start my diet on Monday."
So you see, Sunday and December 31st have that in common.

Most people tell themselves that they are going to lose those 10 pounds in the new year, or finally start making payments on time, or watering their plants everyday- thngs like that. No one ever really accomplishes what they had in mind. At the most, they'll keep their goal in mind for a week at the most. We suffer from extreme lack of commitment. (And no I am not bashing on anyone).

I think in order to achieve the goals we have in mind, we need to attempt them at a gradual pace. You know- baby steps. Not all at once. Because I think that the only reason we have goals in the first place is because we possess bad habits that keep us away from what we want. And I don't know many people who can change the habits they've had for ages overnight. Which is why our New Year's Resolutions hardly ever work out.

So in the mean time, you could either head out and go to your nearest donut shop, or to the nearest gym. (Well that is if you are at all concerned or not concerned with your figure).

I wish you all luck with whatever your New Year's Resolution may be. And I sincerely hope that you achieve it. I really do.
I also hope you all have a fabulous New Year's (Eve), and do not have to spend the last nor beginning seconds of the year passed out in the bushes or puking in a toilet from all of the alcohol you consumed. (Yes, that was me adding a touch of humor, trying to be funny).

And last but not least, I hope 2010 will be a better year for you, as I hope it is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment