Monday, December 7, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow

Photobucket

If you've ever heard of the Central Valley, then you know that it is basically Farmer Country.
The northern portion is better known as the Sacramento Valley, and its southern half as the San Joaquin Valley. Sacramento valley receives about 20 inches of rain annually, but the San Joaquin on the other hand, is very dry, often semi-arid desert in many places.
I am from the more unfortunate half of the Central Valley.
So today, December 7, 2009, there was a huge fuss- because it snowed.
I suppose that it is in fact, somewhat of a big deal. It hasn't snowed (legitimately) here, or in the valley in general, in about 40 or so years.
This morning at 4:37 AM, my dad woke me up so that I could see it snow.
It was more of a disappointment. Because the snow would evaporate into nothing as soon as it touched the ground.
Everyone else was excited though.
Good for them.
My disappointment, is their joyous light.

Seriously? It was just snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment